1. Remember to light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.
2. The first burn is important.
Your goal on a first burn is to fully melt the top layer of wax, evenly. If you do not, a “tunnel” will form in the center of the candle, creating a memory ring. Tunneling happens when the first-burn is not a long enough period of time.
You shoud aim to have your candle lit for approximately 2 hours for our small/travel size candles and 3 - 4 hours for our medium, 3 wick & luxury candles or until the wax has pooled to the edges.
Burning for over three hours can cause the wick to move, or slant.
Burn medium - large candles for two hours up to four four hours at a time.
3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
4. Use within 12 months of purchase.
5. Our slow-burning pure essential oil candle can be enjoyed even longer if the wick is regularly trimmed to no shorter than 1cm large candles and 5mm small/ travel size candles , re-centered, any black soot pinched off the tip.
After extinguishing the flame, centre and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
6. When your candle isn't in use, store in a cool and dry place. Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of it. Most candles are sensitive to extreme cold and heat, so it’s best to store them at room temperature ( between 18ºC and 29ºC ). It's also important you store them in a dry environment. Different wax types have different melting points, but will all begin to be affected when left in extreme temperatures. Extreme cold causes cracking and separation and can quickly affect fragrance strength. Should your candle be left in long exposure to the cold, please allow the candle to return to room temperature for at least 2 hours before burning it to minimize potential damage.
The candle products may have slight variation in shape and colour, that is part of the charm of quality craftmanship.
Each of our candles burns for a varying length of time depending on their individual sent and how they are cared for.